So I’m now working through Google’s Hacked Sites Troubleshooter: https://support.google.com/webmasters/troubleshooter/6155978.
I did not know about the
site: search operator, so I followed their instructions, first looking using a
site:ericasadun.com websearch, and then moving on to “fetch as google”:
Sure enough I found all those malicious sitemaps that were added this morning:
I returned to my search console and deleted them:
Damn right Skippy, I do. They’re gone now.
I then returned to the troubleshooting page and requested re-indexing. It still shows one of the sitemaps that doesn’t exist anymore (and yes I checked).
I’ll check back in tomorrow and see if the hacked sitemap is gone. I also requested the “reconsideration request” from https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/manual-action