The new iOS 11 screenshot / edit feature has got to be my very favorite thing of the upcoming firmware update. Saving a screenshot creates a thumbnail in the bottom corner of the screen. Tap it to enter an edit mode that lets you crop and mark up the image.
- Scroll left and right to move between screenshots if you’ve snapped more than one.
- Use the blue handles on the sides and corners of the screenshot to crop the shot.
- Select an editing tool (pen, highlight, pencil, eraser, lasso, and an assortment colors) then draw with your finger.
- You undo-and-redo using buttons at the bottom left of the editor window (not shown here, because I hadn’t made any edits yet).
Doneat the top left to leave. You can save your shot to the photos album.
- Otherwise, tap the action button (top right), to print, air drop, email, or otherwise work with your now-edited image. I love the air drop option, which lets me snap, edit, and then throw the image into a blog post or a slack channel.
No wires, no fuss, just great convenience.