- I’m breaking down parameters one-per-line when they’re complex, contain defaults, and otherwise hard to read.
- I’ve pushed the return token along with the closing paren onto its own line
- In these cases, I’m using Allman to clearly delineate the start and end of the function because otherwise, the opening brace is lost and the params are co-aligned with the code
- I’ve added a bit of extra header whitespace on
BuildContextErrorto see if that improves readability as well.
I am not designing here to limit vertical space. My goals are:
- Greatest readability and clarity of intent
- Easiest modification
- Space for commenting where needed
Thanks in advance for advice and opinions. Here’s the code: